Regional Ocean Model System (ROMS) Model Output
The ROMS model is produced and distributed by NASA JPL and is available from http://ourocean.jpl.nasa.gov/SCB/.
Features and Limitations:
- Depth menu: Clicking on one of these will update the ROMS layer
so that the depth selected is displayed. Due to fixed colorbars, you may
see black spaces or no data at all. This indicates that data is out of
the color scale range.
- Time menu: Selecting one of these will update the ROMS nowcast model
- Checkboxes: Use these to toggle layers on and off. Bathymetry will
be displayed below the ROMS model output.
- Radio buttons: The radio buttons control the ROMS model variable
shown. Only one ROMS model variable can be shown at any time.
- From/To/Lat/Lon/Depth: These input fields control the cross-section tool,
allowing for higher precision selection of a cross-section. Cross-sections
can only be generated if 2 markers have been selected.
- A vertical profile will always generated at every point selected.
- Info window: The info window is used to display useful information
about the location where you last clicked. If you have the
cross-section tool enabled, you will see a cross section plot for the
current variable. Otherwise, you will find a vertical profile plot
for Salinity, Temperature, and Ocean Currents.
- Image Generation: Images aren't generated on-demand with IE.
- Interpolation: The cross-section interpolation mechanism was optimized
for speed. The trade-off is accuracy in spacing. You may notice
interpolation artifacts with steep slopes.
- Interpolation: Horizontal and vertical cross-sections may not work.
- Drosophila melanogaster (ie: Your bugs may vary)
For more information on ROMS, please visit the ROMS website.
This model output has been produced and provided by
by Dr. Yi Chao and his team at UCLA through the Joint Institute for
Regional Earth System Science and Engineering and the west coast
office of Remote Sensing Solutions, Inc.
Usual latency can range from 12 to 24 hours.
This data and modeled output should not be used for navigational purposes.
No warranty is either expressed or implied. Map content is subject to
change without notice. Permission has been granted by Dr.Yi Chao for the
publication of the ROMS model output here on the SCCOOS website.